Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python cant recognize PIP
So i wanted to turn on a .py app and every app that is made by python and uses PIP which i have because i checked using pip in windows cmd says that i dont have pip on my system which is not true because i checked that reinstalled python and pip and other things but i won't work. The following message pops up in cmd when i try to run a .py app

PIP is not installed on the system. I recommend you to install python correctly.

I hope i get a fast response because its the first time this happend to me after a lot of years using python. This error pops up on every .py app.
Sorry for previous dumb post (answered while very tired)
see: https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installation/ on how to install
(Jul-17-2023, 10:18 PM)siubikYT Wrote: So i wanted to turn on a .py app and every app that is made by python and uses PIP which i have because i checked using pip in windows cmd says that i dont have pip on my system which is not true because i checked that reinstalled python and pip and other things but i won't work. The following message pops up in cmd when i try to run a .py app

PIP is not installed on the system. I recommend you to install python correctly.

I hope i get a fast response because its the first time this happend to me after a lot of years using python. This error pops up on every .py app.

Open Cmd, type: cd C:\pipdirectory then pip -- version
Pretty sure pip should be in AppData folder
(Jul-17-2023, 10:18 PM)siubikYT Wrote: So i wanted to turn on a .py app and every app that is made by python and uses PIP which i have because i checked using pip in windows cmd says that i dont have pip on my system which is not true because i checked that reinstalled python and pip and other things but i won't work. The following message pops up in cmd when i try to run a .py app

Also if you are trying to install a MODULE using pip, when you open CMD do not activate python and run pip from within python. Pip is not a python file.
Instead just open cmd, type cd C:\pipdirectory
then type pip install "Modulename" (without quotes)

What you are probably getting is not "pip is not installed" it's that cmd can't find pip in the directory you are in. Need to be in pip directory.

Does it say "Pip cannot be found and is not an operatable program or batch file"?
Also remember to update pip before installing anything: pip install --upgrade

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to make a program recognize how many clicks it has had on the monitor? jao 0 1,161 Feb-25-2022, 06:31 PM
Last Post: jao
  My program won't recognize the filename. braingoblins 1 1,137 Jan-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
Star NameError – function doesn't recognize imported modules Sir 4 3,524 Dec-01-2020, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Sir
  Player object wont recognize collision with other objects. Jan_97 3 2,725 Dec-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: joe_momma
  How to recognize space or enter as one-character input? Mark17 5 5,651 Oct-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  Pynput doesn't recognize shift button and special characters VirtualDreamer 0 3,038 Jul-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: VirtualDreamer
  How to recognize, what functions are filled in of the Python interpreter stack? AlekseyPython 3 2,690 Mar-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: AlekseyPython
  Variable defined but python wont recognize it. FWendeburg 3 3,331 Feb-19-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: woooee
  How I can recognize that member is classmethod of staticmethod? AlekseyPython 0 1,836 Feb-17-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: AlekseyPython
  pyspark sql unable to recognize SQL query command cpatte7372 6 16,639 Jul-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: micseydel