Python Forum
Is it possible to capture live running waveforms in an oscilloscope using python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to capture live running waveforms in an oscilloscope using python?
I need to capture live running waveforms in an oscilloscope and store it on a PC for further analysis. I tried it using wavebin software but it capture only what waveform is shown only on the oscilloscope display. But instead i need to capture what waveform data is available on the entire horizontal channel. Can someone help me with this?
Since it's the Oscilloscope that originates the data transfer, I would expect that it has control.
What is the make and model of your scope?
(Jul-27-2023, 10:48 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Since it's the Oscilloscope that originates the data transfer, I would expect that it has control.
What is the make and model of your scope?
It is Keysight DSOS204A Oscilloscope. Usually the waveforms are captured and stored via a LAN connection and stored using MATLAB libraries. Since my requirement is to capture the entire horizontal waveform(not only what is shown in the display), it is quite difficult since usually the oscilloscope shows 'Data out of range', 'Query interrupted', 'Undefined Header'. Can you please guide me on solving this issue?
Took a quick look at the user manual.
I think you will need to request technical help from Keysight.
They list many software packages that are available, and I expect one will be for capturing data.
Sorry I can't be more help.
(Jul-28-2023, 10:16 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Took a quick look at the user manual.
I think you will need to request technical help from Keysight.
They list many software packages that are available, and I expect one will be for capturing data.
Sorry I can't be more help.
Okay fine. Anyways thanks mate!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to parse a live feed in Python? Daring_T 2 4,148 Jan-20-2022, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Daring_T
  Retrieve data from oscilloscope using pyserial on ubuntu jte350 3 2,842 Apr-29-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: jte350
  Python animate live plotting fetching data from Mysql Table dhirajm 6 3,655 Apr-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhirajm
  Custom widget in Python-Qt, 'live' at Qt Designer panoss 3 5,686 Jan-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Last Post: panoss