Python Forum
Help with Python Script to generate SVG Dot Matrix Pattern for LED Light Guide
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Python Script to generate SVG Dot Matrix Pattern for LED Light Guide
Hello, I'm a lighted sign designer and artist and I need to create a edge illuminated Light Guide panel for a piece of glass art that will hang in a local gallery. I found a link to some Python code that seems to do that but I need help or guidance in using it to generate the SVG pattern I need so I can etch the acrylic panel. The Light Guide Panel will be 27in wide by 37in tall and will be LED edge illuminated from the top and bottom (27in sides) I will be using a reflector and an a diffuser to complete the Light Guide but the critical component is the dot matrix distribution. Here is the link I found. Please let me know if anyone can help or point me in the right direction. Thank you!

https:// github.com/ Poofjunior/ jupyter_notebooks/ blob/ main/ light_guide_panel_generator/ light_guide_panel_generator.ipynb

Rick
How is this a Python question? It sounds like a "I don't know what to do with the dot matrix" question. Is this a coding question or a control question or a lighting question? More context please.
(Aug-25-2023, 01:52 PM)deanhystad Wrote: How is this a Python question? It sounds like a "I don't know what to do with the dot matrix" question. Is this a coding question or a control question or a lighting question? More context please.

Thank you for the question deanhystad, it is a Python question. I attached a link to a notebook with Python code that was written to generate this pattern. It appears the link I provided was not correct so here is again:

https:// github.com/ Poofjunior/ jupyter_notebooks/ blob/ main/ light_guide_panel_generator/ light_guide_panel_generator.ipynb

Here is an excerpt from his blog on HACKADAY (https:// hackaday.com/ 2023/03/13/ a-hackers-introduction-to-diy-light-guide-plates/)

"At this point, I realized that I needed some finer control on these laser parameters, so I cooked up a Python notebook to generate a panel of specified XY dimensions with a custom dot pattern and write the result to an SVG file."

I've reached out to him but have not heard back yet. I'd really love to get some help on how to use this code to generate these patterns. I am not a software coder so this stuff id way over my head. If this is not the right forum to seek help, perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check if two matrix are equal and of not add the matrix to the list quest 3 837 Jul-10-2023, 02:41 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Is there a *.bat DOS batch script to *.py Python Script converter? pstein 3 3,279 Jun-29-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: gologica
  Python and DMX (aka, light controller) ScottAF 4 2,674 Apr-06-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: ScottAF
  Complete Guide to Shodan Calli 4 2,302 Jul-18-2022, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Calli
  Generate Python variables dynamically Pedroski55 5 2,897 Mar-04-2022, 10:13 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  How to multiply a matrix with herself, until the zero matrix results peanutbutterandjelly 3 3,383 May-03-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Matrix Operations Without Numpy or Incorporating Python into Webpage ebryski 1 2,929 Nov-26-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  New User online Guide NAP1947 1 1,556 Sep-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  How to kill a bash script running as root from a python script? jc_lafleur 4 5,939 Jun-26-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: jc_lafleur
  Generate RPM package from a Python + Kivy application for an "offline" installation pruvosim 2 2,225 Jun-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: pruvosim