Python Forum
ValueError: Unknown label type: 'continuous-multioutput'
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am running this code: https://github.com/dyt08/diabetes-predic...etes.ipynb on google colab.

and on this part:

X_SMOTE, y_SMOTE = smote.fit_resample(X_train, y_train)
I get this error:

Error:
I have been looking it many days, and I have tried many solutions that people proposed via google search, without success. Does anybody know what is wrong? And how to fix it?
There is no answer because it is so difficult I assume... Smile
If i test on google colab NoteBook,it works for me.
hobbyist likes this post
Ok, so it seems that my dataset has the problem... So, what form ("rules") should my dataset follow? In other words, how can I fix it?
(Sep-13-2023, 08:10 AM)hobbyist Wrote: So, what form ("rules") should my dataset follow? In other words, how can I fix it?
The dataset that used in example Dataset of Diabetes.csv
Data Understanding
Under here you see all that the dataset have to include.
hobbyist likes this post
Did you try the example dataset?
hobbyist likes this post
(Sep-13-2023, 03:58 PM)deanhystad Wrote: Did you try the example dataset?

No
(Sep-13-2023, 05:11 PM)hobbyist Wrote:
(Sep-13-2023, 03:58 PM)deanhystad Wrote: Did you try the example dataset?

No
Why not? That would be the first thing I tried. I would likely do that before making my own dataset. I would run the example to test that I was using the software correctly. When the software raised an exception running my new dataset that would point me toward the dataset being the problem. I would then look to see if there was any guidance provided for creating a dataset. Actually. I would re-read the document describing how to make a dataset because I would've searched for that document before trying to make my own.

If I couldn't figure out the problem, I might post a question to this forum. I would give a history describing what I had done, providing useful information as opposed to "I have been looking it many days, and I have tried many solutions that people proposed via google search, without success". Something like: "I ran this project on colab and it ran fine until I tried using my own dataset. This is my dataset below..."

When you get no response to your question it usually means you didn't ask a good question. There is no way anybody here could answer your question since the error was in your dataset, something nobody but you have access to. Do better. Strive for your next post having enough detail that we don't have to go back-and-forth to get enough info to have a hope of understanding what is going on.
hobbyist likes this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extract continuous numeric characters from a string in Python Robotguy 2 2,658 Jan-16-2021, 12:44 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  How to get continuous movement whilst using State Machine cjoe1993 2 1,829 Dec-10-2020, 06:36 AM
Last Post: cjoe1993
  Type hinting - return type based on parameter micseydel 2 2,514 Jan-14-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post: micseydel
  ValueError: unknown url type: ' ' ozzyk 3 18,283 Nov-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: heiner55
  While loop continuous DAS 1 2,803 Nov-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: heiner55
  Error Type: <class 'OSError'> And Error Type: <class 'ValueError'> runnerpaul 1 3,687 Jul-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Larz60+