Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python deployment
Hi guys,

I would like to ask for the process to deploy the Python script to the client's devices. I have a GUI application and a script, I want to deliver them to the client's machine so that the clients can run that script and application, could you guys please list out the steps and methods to do it?

Thanks in advance!
It depends of some conditions,like has the client Python installed.
If not have Python can use Pyinstaller,this is simplest option for the client.
If have Python can give install instructions eg from a Github Repo,or can build a wheel that client can install pip install your_code.whl
(Sep-28-2023, 04:36 PM)snippsat Wrote: It depends of some conditions,like has the client Python installed.
If not have Python can use Pyinstaller,this is simplest option for the client.
If have Python can give install instructions eg from a Github Repo,or can build a wheel that client can install pip install your_code.whl

Therefore if I use Pyinstaller, where can I save the code for the Dev environment? And what if there is an error when the business users run the script in the PRD environment? How can I get the code for debugging or something like that?

And one more question please, how can I deploy to other user devices?

Please help me, I am a newbie Cry Cry Cry
(Sep-29-2023, 03:09 AM)David98 Wrote: Therefore if I use Pyinstaller, where can I save the code for the Dev environment?
The most normal way is to have eg a GitHub/Bitbucket... repo where code are.
(Sep-29-2023, 03:09 AM)David98 Wrote: And what if there is an error when the business users run the script in the PRD environment? How can I get the code for debugging or something like that?
Logging is used for this,i would recommend using loguru.
Quote:And one more question please, how can I deploy to other user devices?
I depends of what access you have to this,when use Pyinstaller it will be a stand alone(no install for users),so can just share the folder.
If user can install there self,then can point to Repo where code are.
If you have access,then can roll out the folder yourself.
carecavoador likes this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pynsist vs pyinstaller deployment questions hammer 2 1,825 May-03-2022, 01:22 AM
Last Post: hammer
  py2app deployment version Rubberduck 0 1,742 May-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Rubberduck
  IDLE Deployment to classroom siwekp 1 1,863 May-14-2019, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Google Cloud App Deployment Help.. BlackHeart 1 2,988 Nov-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Last Post: sparkz_alot
  Need apointer to python project deployment PickyBiker 2 4,314 Dec-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: PickyBiker