Python Forum
SORTED.group by and count average of two columns [ sum of col 1 / sum of col 2 ]
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SORTED.group by and count average of two columns [ sum of col 1 / sum of col 2 ]
Hi, im trying to group by and get an average of two columns in Pandas then display inside Streamlit_Folium chropleth.geojson map but my KPI and Map averages are different.Trying to group by states and get each state average.
I have a RPM column which is only for dataframe purpose and i created by doing this:
    df["RPM"] = df["Rate"]/df["Miles"]
for KPI i did this:
    filtered_average_rpm = round(filtered_total_earnings / filtered_total_miles, 3)
For chorplet map my code is like this:
filtered_df["StateRPM"] = filtered_df["RPM"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"]).transform('mean')
    for feature in choropleth.geojson.data["features"]:
        state_name = feature["properties"]["stusab"]
        feature["properties"]["rpm"] = "Average RPM: $" + str(round(indexed_df.loc[state_name, "StateRPM"].mean(), 2)) if state_name in list(indexed_df.index) else ''
But this is no go. KPI average 2.212 and Map average 2.26
KPI average is money / miles and Map average is sum of values and divides by the count and i need sum of money / sum of miles - same way as KPI

If i do:
filtered_df["StateRPM"] = (filtered_df["Rate"]/filtered_df["Miles"]).groupby(filtered_df["PuState"]).transform('mean')
I get this:
Error:
TypeError: ufunc 'divide' not supported for the input types, and the inputs could not be safely coerced to any supported types according to the casting rule ''safe''
If i do:
filtered_df["StateRPM"] = filtered_df["Rate"]/filtered_df["Miles"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"])
i get this:
Error:
ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence. The requested array has an inhomogeneous shape after 2 dimensions. The detected shape was (44, 2) + inhomogeneous part.
I also tried like this:
filtered_df["RPM"] = filtered_df["RPM"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"])
got this:
Error:
ValueError: Length of values (1) does not match length of index (58)
How do i get KPI`s average ?
Thank You.
Solved.
filtered_df["RPM"] = filtered_df["Rate"]/filtered_df["Miles"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"]).transform('mean')
Turns out i solved it by removing ()

EDIT: No , it makes incorrect calculations

EDIT#2 - sorted.
filtered_df["StateRate"] = filtered_df["Rate"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"]).transform('mean')
filtered_df["StateRPM"] = filtered_df["StateRate"]/filtered_df["Miles"].groupby(filtered_df["PuState"]).transform('mean')

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove extra count columns created by pandas groupby spyf8 1 2,741 Feb-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Naheed
  Merging sorted dataframes using Pandas Robotguy 1 2,213 Aug-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  How to group variables & check correlation of group variables wrt single variable SriRajesh 2 2,978 May-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Last Post: SriRajesh