Python Forum
Looking for Trends Across Dimensions
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Trends Across Dimensions
Hello, I'm hoping to get help with a starting point to find trends across some data dimensions. I think this falls under the realm of ML, not sure, but I need to find any combination of dimensions (36 possible combinations) that have had an increase in inventory quantity of >= 10% or <= 10% quarter-over-quarter. You can obviously do the same type of analysis toggling dimensions in an Excel pivot, but trying to automate the analysis and save time!

Only output results that have had the increase/decrease stated above. The attached excel data from the "CarData" tab will be from a database table, so trying to find a solution that is not unique to Excel if that makes sense. Will be using Anaconda distribution, Jupyter notebook, Pandas, and eveneually SQL Server for the source data table to evaluate.

Results should be output to a Pandas Data Frame.

Combinations of dimensions include:
Color: Black, Blue, Green, Red
Regions: West, Central, East
Horsepower: 180 HP, 250 HP, 310 HP

For the example output layout I want to produce from the CarData tab (uses actual data in set), please see "About" tab in attached excel file, and then the "CarData" tab for the source data.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files

.xlsx   CarDataExcelFormat.xlsx (Size: 37.15 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Read data, recognize trends and send report vin0001 1 2,143 Oct-02-2019, 06:08 AM
Last Post: buran
  Multi dimensions list. voidptr 2 2,311 Oct-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: voidptr