Python Forum
Auto-Updating Dashboard w/ Notifications
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Updating Dashboard w/ Notifications
Hi there,

I am creating a data-dashboard for my company, and need to know if Python is capable of creating what has been requested. I need to create an "always on" dashboard that is available online, can refresh it's data and visualisations periodically from an SQL database, and provide audio notifications when certain metrics reach thresholds.

That last part about embedding audio is where I'm most uncertain of how to approach this.

Is Python capable of this functionality, and if so what libraries should I be looking into?

Cheers,
Kadin
Python can do it.

If you want to start simple, Flask should be fine.
For automatic updates of your dashboard, you can use Flask-SocketIO.
The frontend itself can use JavaScript to update the fields which came from Flask-SocketIO.

The database could be used with sqlalchemy (is an ORM).
But low level access with SQL-Statements is also not the problem. There are many libraries for different types of databases.

In a Project I use Fastapi, which is capable to write self documenting REST-APIs.
There is also a Dashboard with a small JavaScript, which just fetches the new data with simple http requests (no SocketIO stuff).
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accessing S3 buckets through the AWS dashboard created by dj_database_url Drone4four 2 2,419 Mar-26-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Drone4four
  How to send notifications to gmail from contact form using Django and pushbullet Justchse 0 1,881 Sep-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Justchse
  [Flask]After login page is not redirecting me to dashboard shockwave 0 2,714 May-07-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: shockwave