Python Forum
[Solved] "Sponsored by python-forum.io"
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] "Sponsored by python-forum.io"
Does anyone know what's up with this? My ad blocker reports 5 things blocked, but this wasn't reproducible and when this does not appear just two things are blocked (which I also want to investigate). Did someone install something weird? Or did we get hacked? I have seen hacked forums in the past with low-probability redirects to spam.

[Image: sponsored_wtf.png]
I just tried to delete some spam, and when I did so, received a message that the post didn't exist
That might be because I deleted them first. I've purged two spammers tonight. I'd expect these to be unrelated.
(Nov-10-2016, 03:19 AM)micseydel Wrote: Does anyone know what's up with this?
I had the same thing. Are you on Chrome by chance? I actually got the same exact popup on a completely different website too so it seems it might be some retarded browser change.
(Nov-10-2016, 11:32 AM)Mekire Wrote:
(Nov-10-2016, 03:19 AM)micseydel Wrote: Does anyone know what's up with this?
I had the same thing.  Are you on Chrome by chance?  I actually got the same exact popup on a completely different website too so it seems it might be some retarded browser change.

Or your Chrome have been pwned...
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Nov-10-2016, 11:54 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Or your Chrome have been pwned...
Unpossible.
I have not had any problems. I havent added anything in a long time either. I dont check my adblocker, but after reading this i turned it off for the base of our forum just to make anything more obvious if it were to show up. 

(Nov-10-2016, 11:32 AM)Mekire Wrote: I had the same thing. Are you on Chrome by chance? I actually got the same exact popup on a completely different website too so it seems it might be some retarded browser change.
Im hoping this is the problem, but I think it would be a good idea to do a rehaul of password changes wouldnt you agree? Such as admin accounts, server passwords, host etc. Just in case. Now that the forums are basically done with changes. 

EDIT:
The only change that has happened in the past 12 hours is this
http://python-forum.io/Thread-stop-forum...butor-list
Recommended Tutorials:
(Nov-10-2016, 12:59 PM)metulburr Wrote: Im hoping this is the problem, but I think it would be a good idea to do a rehaul of password changes wouldnt you agree? Such as admin accounts, server passwords, host etc. Just in case.
The problem is local to user,it's called "Sponsored by Adnow" is adware that attack browsers.
So no need to change anything on server.
Perhaps related, perhaps coincidental, chrome flagged one of my extensions as malware earlier this morning.

The extension was "w3chools hider" which blocks w3schools, or any chosen website, from appearing in google search results.
I looked to see if it was still available extension and although the search for it still shows a page with a highly rated extension, trying to go to that page yields a 404.

I wonder if this is the culprit as the timeing is pretty convenient.
I've had this happen in Chrome on two OSs, only on python-forum.io. Does anyone have a link saying that this is a browser attack?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python-forum dot-org? treykeown 3 115,554 Jun-17-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  python-forum.io compared to reddit/Stackoverflow SpongeB0B 4 8,838 Feb-21-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SpongeB0B
  Other English forum on python website stullis 4 9,221 Feb-22-2020, 03:40 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Word Wrap Feature For Python Forum adt 9 4,977 Jan-25-2020, 09:46 PM
  [split] how can i join to your chat channel(#python-forum) in irc.freenode? masoud_da 2 2,793 Jun-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Last Post: masoud_da
  When I click on python forum. I get this. Windspar 11 5,764 Jun-10-2019, 07:46 PM
  python-forum source language hbknjr 13 198,899 Sep-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: hbknjr
  python-forum dot com ichabod801 2 4,017 Sep-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,365 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap