Python Forum
run scapy from python script ..
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
run scapy from python script ..
hello all ...

im try to learn scapy ... i need to run this commands from python how i can do it : ?

Quote:ARP Ping

The fastest way to discover hosts on a local ethernet network is to use the ARP Ping method:

>>> ans, unans = srp(Ether(dst="ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff")/ARP(pdst="192.168.1.0/24"),timeout=2)

Answers can be reviewed with the following command:

>>> ans.summary(lambda (s,r): r.sprintf("%Ether.src% %ARP.psrc%") )
Have you done the download and installation?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Sep-09-2018, 12:42 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Have you done the download and installation?

yes i already did what is the next step ?
note : i use python 2.7
Well, the next section on that web page is usage. Full disclosure: I don't know anything about scapy.
I wish you happiness.
(Sep-10-2018, 01:08 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Well, the next section on that web page is usage. Full disclosure: I don't know anything about scapy.

im not asking about usage i know how to use it ...
but i need to know how to run it from python .... when i try to import
Quote:from scapy.all import *
via visual studio code i got this error :

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 1, in <module> from scapy.all import * File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 1, in <module> from scapy.all import * ImportError: No module named all
and the same for pycharm .... run it from python terminal it does not give me any error :
[Image: Screenshot_from_2018-09-10_11-36-49.png]
Then it sounds like there is something wrong with your installation. Do you have two versions of Python? Could you have installed it for the one you're not importing from?
I wish you happiness.
(Sep-10-2018, 05:28 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Then it sounds like there is something wrong with your installation. Do you have two versions of Python? Could you have installed it for the one you're not importing from?

i already remove python 3 and still the same problem :

this is my code :
from scapy.all import srp,Ether,ARP,conf
conf.verb=0
ans, unans = srp(Ether(dst="ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff")/ARP(pdst="192.168.20.0/24"),timeout=2)
for snd,rcv in ans:

#print(rcv.sprintf("%Ether.src% - %ARP.psrc%"))
    print(rcv.sprintf("%ARP.psrc%"))
this is the error :

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 1, in <module> from scapy.all import srp,Ether,ARP,conf File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 1, in <module> from scapy.all import srp,Ether,ARP,conf ImportError: No module named all
What happens if you just try import scapy.
I wish you happiness.
(Sep-11-2018, 12:23 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: What happens if you just try import scapy.

got this error :
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 1, in <module> import scapy File "/root/Desktop/scapy.py", line 4, in <module> ans, unans = srp(Ether(dst="ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff")/ARP(pdst="192.168.20.0/24"),timeout=2) NameError: name 'srp' is not defined
it's because your file name is scapy.py. You import your own file, not scapy package. Rename your file.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a *.bat DOS batch script to *.py Python Script converter? pstein 3 3,274 Jun-29-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: gologica
  Permission issue when using scapy jao 3 9,852 Feb-05-2022, 06:14 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  error in scapy attribute 'haslayer' evilcode1 5 6,555 Mar-02-2021, 11:19 AM
Last Post: evilcode1
  How to kill a bash script running as root from a python script? jc_lafleur 4 5,931 Jun-26-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: jc_lafleur
  crontab on RHEL7 not calling python script wrapped in shell script benthomson 1 2,313 May-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  Package python script which has different libraries as a single executable or script tej7gandhi 1 2,637 May-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: keames
  Help Importing Protocol Library Into Scapy joedirgy 0 2,069 May-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Last Post: joedirgy
  How to run python script which has dependent python script in another folder? PrateekG 1 3,161 May-23-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  How to call one python script and use its output in another python script lravikumarvsp 3 32,434 May-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Last Post: lravikumarvsp
  save the output from scapy to txt file evilcode1 11 10,875 Oct-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Larz60+