Python Forum

Full Version: I can not get python3 to work... frustrating... something about directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've reinstalled and installed sublime text and python over and over again in Windows. And for some reason python works but not python3.

in CMD prompt window if I type python it opens python 3.8.1 but if I type python3 it says it is not recognized.

so is python actually python3? Or am I not doing something correctly?

Because when I run Sublime Text with Build -> Python3

I get this error:

[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[cmd: ['python3', '-u', 'C:\\Users\\DELL-T3500\\Desktop\\python_work\\apostrophe.py']]
[dir: C:\Users\DELL-T3500\Desktop\python_work]
[path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Users\DELL-T3500\AppData\Local\Smartbar\Application\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\project2\casperjs\bin;C:\project2\phantomjs\bin;C:\Users\DELL-T3500\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Users\DELL-T3500\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\;C:\Users\DELL-T3500\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\DELL-T3500\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\]
[Finished]
In Windows it's only python,do test with python and pip from cmd as in this tutorial
python3 is a command Linux distros use.