Python Forum

Full Version: ImportError: No module named pydrive.auth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am new to python and looking for some advice on the following error

ImportError: No module named pydrive.auth

What would I need to do to correct this error? I am using Terminal on a macbook.
did you install PyDrive?
https://pythonhosted.org/PyDrive/

$ pip install PyDrive
To add to buran's post, I tend to do pythonversion -m pip install module eg(python3.8.2 -m pip install PyDrive). That way I know I'm installing for the version of python I'm using.
(Jun-23-2020, 05:20 PM)menator01 Wrote: [ -> ]To add to buran's post, I tend to do pythonversion -m pip install module eg(python3.8.2 -m pip install PyDrive). That way I know I'm installing for the version of python I'm using.

What command do i type into terminal for this ?

I've typed in pip install PyDrive and getting a lot of error message.

This is one of them Installing build dependencies ... error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1

I tend to do pythonversion -m pip install module eg(python3.8.2 -m pip install PyDrive)

What command do i type first ? Or just copy and paste this pythonversion -m pip install module eg(python3.8.2 -m pip install PyDrive)

also I have installed the latest python version on my mac but when I type in the following command python --version it shows that I have a version Python 2.7.16 why could this be?
python3.8 -m pip install PyDrive

You may want to check spelling pydrive may be caps and may not. I haven't used it

Pypi website is here
(Jun-23-2020, 05:49 PM)lknights1987 Wrote: [ -> ]also I have installed the latest python version on my mac but when I type in the following command python --version it shows that I have a version Python 2.7.16 why could this be?
You most try with:
python3 --version
pip3 --version
It should at least point to python 3.7 or newer.
Python 2.7.16 is default version that comes with your mac version,and should not be used anymore.

Install Python 3 on MacOS
If pip3 is in path only this is needed.
pip3 install PyDrive
This is just the same:
python3 -m pip install PyDrive
Now work as this -m run library module as a script,so can work also if pip3 in not path,
but pip3 should be in Path of OS.