Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Bar (https://python-forum.io/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: New Users Introduce Yourself (/thread-36.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - RoseyDreamy - Apr-10-2017

Hey, new to the world of programming in general, a few people have recommended to me Python as a starting point, so decided to stop by here. I'm 15 and I'm into computers and gaming and would like to some day program something like a forum package in Python should I successfully master the language, but I'm just starting out :D

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - sparkz_alot - Apr-10-2017

Welcome to the forum and to Python.  Have fun and be sure to ask if you have any questions.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - volcano63 - Apr-15-2017

Hi,
I started on the forum about 5 years ago - trying to pick-up Python when looking for a job. So many familiar faces - though I don't see stud??? and Jacob Boer (what was his nick? I remember the name instead of nick because there's a school in Jerusalem by the same name where my youngest applied several years ago),

I've lost my registration couple of times, and haven't been on a forum for a while - hopefully, this version stays.

My first brush with Python was in 2006, and then after 2007 I barely used it in professional capacity. For the last 5 years I was writing - thankfully, especially after a stint with Tcl! - only Python, mostly in test automation. Lately I got hooked on Robot Framework.

Nice to be back - and I hope I'll be able to spend more time here.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - ichabod801 - Apr-15-2017

(Apr-15-2017, 06:19 PM)volcano63 Wrote: Jacob Boer (what was his nick?

Jacob Bowyer. His user name was Taos. He disappeared, leaving us without an admin, which is why we ended up at .io instead of .org.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - volcano63 - Apr-15-2017

(Apr-15-2017, 09:18 PM)ichabod801 Wrote:
(Apr-15-2017, 06:19 PM)volcano63 Wrote: Jacob Boer (what was his nick?

Jacob Bowyer. His user name was Taos. He disappeared, leaving us without an admin, which is why we ended up at .io instead of .org.

Old age, you know  Tongue(just approaching 54, but my children claim that being a grandda makes me old  Cool). 

Pity. And you can hunt him down on StackOverflow

intro - just starting - Luke_Drillbrain - Apr-20-2017

I didn't find an introductions board, so I hope it's all right to post that here.  I just got my first Python programming book in the mail yesterday, Python Crash Course by Eric Matthes.  I'm excited to get back into programming after about a 15 year absence.  I used to write freeware in MS Visual BASIC 6.  That language is obsolete now, plus it only could develop applications for Windows.  I want to write GNU freeware for Linux and Windows, and maybe Mac.  I'm going to be working my way through this book and can't wait for my skills to be up to speed.  You'll see me around.

RE: intro - just starting - Larz60+ - Apr-20-2017

The intro thread is here. Welcome and enjoy
https://python-forum.io/Thread-New-Users-Introduce-Yourself

when you need to find packages, look here first: https://pypi.python.org/pypi

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - metulburr - Apr-20-2017

(Apr-15-2017, 06:19 PM)volcano63 Wrote: Hi,
I started on the forum about 5 years ago - trying to pick-up Python when looking for a job. So many familiar faces - though I don't see stud??? and Jacob Boer (what was his nick? I remember the name instead of nick because there's a school in Jerusalem by the same name where my youngest applied several years ago),

I've lost my registration couple of times, and haven't been on a forum for a while - hopefully, this version stays.

My first brush with Python was in 2006, and then after 2007 I barely used it in professional capacity. For the last 5 years I was writing - thankfully, especially after a stint with Tcl! - only Python, mostly in test automation. Lately I got hooked on Robot Framework.

Nice to be back - and I hope I'll be able to spend more time here.

@[volcano63]
Welcome back. Hopefully this forum will retain the same database 5 more years from now....and many more.

(Apr-15-2017, 09:18 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Jacob Bowyer. His user name was Taos. He disappeared, leaving us without an admin, which is why we ended up at .io instead of .org.
At some point he changed his username to jkbbwr.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Larz60+ - Apr-21-2017

Quote:Old age, you know  Tongue(just approaching 54, but my children claim that being a grandda makes me old  Cool).
You're young enough to be my (illegitimate, since I wasn't married then) son.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - smbx33 - Apr-21-2017

Hello!

My name is John and I am a 27 yrs old. I am new to programming but I have been fascinated by and owned a computer since windows 95 (I don't know if that's old or not but I was 6). My goal is to learn everything I can , while sharing everything I know back to the community. I wish to someday create something useful to many people or something that is very useful to me. I'm interested in the automation and completion of repetitive task. Also interested in coding my own programs/tools/scripts so my hax0r buddies can stop calling me a skiddie.

Nice to meet you all!