Python Forum
Can Python Do This? Asset Management
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Python Do This? Asset Management
Hi,
I'm not a python pro but rather a novice at best. I'm looking to maybe build a small little project on the side to better help with my IT asset management inventory. I have about 500+ devices (switches, routers, firewalls, physical desktops, vdi machines, and servers)
I know there are a ton of applications out there that would help me with this but i feel like it might be fun to smash my head against the desk for a few months trying to work this out in python rather then taking the easy way out and paying the money for something like this.

I have a idea of what i would like the application to do and ill list the goals/objectives below. I would like some feedback maybe or just some chatter with others. I think this project if anything else will strengthen my rusty skills in python and heck, maybe ill learn a bunch of new stuff along the way.

Goals:
-allow user to input assets into sqlite database
-assets should have the attributes of asset_type,asset_id,serial_number,hostname,ip_addr,location,os_version and confirmation for new addition
-asset should be able to be removed with one click and confirmation
-would like to ping asset with 1-click box beside asset to see if asset is online
-would like to use the rdp protocol to remote into asset
-should have a easy to view dashboard which can be accessed via web-gui. This would be able to import/export existing assets from a csv file into database

What do you think, Can python do this? :)

mbaker_wv

Messages In This Thread
Can Python Do This? Asset Management - by mbaker_wv - Oct-28-2020, 02:06 AM
RE: Can Python Do This? Asset Management - by buran - Oct-28-2020, 05:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  code management trix 3 765 Oct-23-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: buran
  Keep getting Session management error when running imshow in pycharm pace 0 2,229 Mar-25-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: pace
  User management library? MuntyScruntfundle 0 1,527 Jan-14-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: MuntyScruntfundle
  Too big CSV file management CaptainCsaba 3 2,304 Sep-10-2019, 05:52 AM
Last Post: CaptainCsaba
  flux management chris_thibault 3 2,968 Sep-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Last Post: chris_thibault