Python Forum
Why not allow users to offer paid bounties?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not allow users to offer paid bounties?
When I ask questions on python-forum.io I typically wonder why users don't have the option to offer paid bounties like https://www.bountysource.com/.

To make it simple for the folks who run python-forum.io I imagine it would be easiest to only accept cryptocurrency. I use cryptocurrencies although I find them ridiculous.

I imagine that python-forum.io would charge a 20% fee instead of a 10% fee such as the fee BountySource.com charges. Why charge a 20% fee? I imagine that python-forum.io would judge entries and distribute the bounty to one of more of the winning contestants.

Also, like 99designs.com How do I invite a designer to join my contest? I imagine that users who post bounties would be able to invite particular users to become contestants (that is, to submit solutions for the problem they had posted). I imagine that at the extreme, a user who had posted a bounty might invite only one user to be a contestant.

Yeah. I know crowdsourcing tends to be a race to the bottom. But right now python-forum.io has unpaid crowdsourcing. In other words, this forum is already at the very bottom (because people who answer questions on python-forum.io are essentially working for free).

Messages In This Thread
Why not allow users to offer paid bounties? - by Tiel - Oct-05-2021, 03:04 PM