Python Forum
Trying something that may not be possible?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying something that may not be possible?
Thanks all for the information and guidance.

I did research the os.system and found that that was deprecated a few years ago. Research said to use subprocess.run going forward so was focusing that. Maybe naive but that is the path I decided to pursue.

SO, my intent is to get the entire hard drive file names with their associated paths so that I can monitor what is installed and/or inadvertently installed on the system. I am not concerned about file sizes right now as some naturally grow/shrink as called.

So, I am still trying to figure out how (or if) I can use the subprocess to do what I want/need.

I did add, per snippsat's reply, the
shell = true
and that seems to be working. Thanks for finding that for me.

Just a side note. I am a neophyte when it comes to Python. I am still learning about it and trying to understand more and more as I go along. I came from an automation background but using a proprietary system with property scripting system so this is new to me. I will probably be asking more questions as I go along but I do try to research what and when I can. I usually get myself wrapped around the axle, so to speak though.

Again, thank you all for your generous time and help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying something that may not be possible? - by fredep57 - Mar-17-2023, 03:26 PM