Python Forum
Looking for offline BBCODE editor
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for offline BBCODE editor
(Dec-21-2017, 02:29 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: ... never a good idea to use a program like Word as it includes formatting..... use the key sequence "Ctrl + Shift + V", ... will copy as plain text
Thanks sparkz_alot, I will bare that in mind. I guess formats can get caught / carried across because of the WYSIWYG ( „What You See Is What You Get“ ) editor used here.. I think I picked something up about that, and things along the lines that you are talking about here, https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help ,
I use Word because
_a) I like to have a good back which also includes extra stuff, notes, links, URLs etc. to the copy of anything I post, ( and I might not post it all , but I like to keep it all together, and I have got used to Word),
and
_b) I use the Word VBA codes I mentioned as an alternative to the forum editor to add in the BB code.

I think I understand what you are saying though – if I have a text from word with all the BB codes in it, then I need to make sure that I do the "Ctrl + Shift + V" so that it just pastes the text in. I was not aware of the "Ctrl + Shift + V" , so will practice that***

I am not too familiar yet with all the code formats in Python, but I will have a practice posting*** (https://python-forum.io/Thread-Just-Prac...ded-Thanks ) before I do anything for real so that I do not make a mess.. well at least no more than usual :) )

Alan

Messages In This Thread
Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by Larz60+ - Dec-09-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by Larz60+ - Dec-10-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by wavic - Dec-11-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by nilamo - Dec-11-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by wavic - Dec-11-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by Doc_AElstein - Dec-21-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by Larz60+ - Dec-21-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by wavic - Dec-21-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: Looking for offline BBCODE editor - by Larz60+ - Dec-22-2017, 12:58 AM