Python Forum
ANOVA: DataFrame ha no Attribute alpha
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOVA: DataFrame ha no Attribute alpha
(Jul-14-2019, 01:11 AM)scidam Wrote: You definitely need to clean up your data and restructure.

1. remove semicolons and quotes from df; (you can use .apply method to do that)
  2. Do something like this before you start any analysis: df = pd.concat([df, df['Detergent_Brands'].str.get_dummies()], axis=1).drop(['Detergent_Brands'], axis=1).

Instead of accessing to data-frame columns as attributes (e.g. df.top etc), consider using df['top'], df['alpha']. This is approach is more robust, especially in cases when column names collide with data-frame internal methods.

You've got the error because your df hasn't a column named alpha (it hasn't a column named top too). .get_dummies should create these columns (but you need to clean up your data first).

I think, your data have not been properly parsed (loaded). Consider passing a separator, e.g. sep=';' to the read_csv function.

Dear Scidam, thank you very much for respond. I will try your instruction, if possible can you give some clarification on Apply Method that you recommended in your above comment. Once again, thank you.

Messages In This Thread
ANOVA: DataFrame ha no Attribute alpha - by Tese - Jul-13-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: ANOVA: DataFrame ha no Attribute alpha - by Tese - Jul-14-2019, 03:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python for Analysis of variance / Anova xxxlabradorxxx 1 821 Sep-25-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  Why is my gradient descent algorithm requiring such a small alpha? JoeB 1 2,424 Dec-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: JoeB