Python Forum
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed
Hello, all. I'd like to preface this with saying that I'm not a programmer, and know nothing about coding. I have tried to solve this issue myself, but lack the knowledge.

Operating System: Windows 10

I have an application, Pesterchum, a chat program, and it has been running fine for several weeks. I attempted to open it today, and it gave me the error message: "Failed: [errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed".

I have looked it up on google, and figured out it was some kind of python error? Unfortunately, most of the links I tried to read used more technical language than I understand.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program multiple times, I have attempted to run it as the admin, and I have restarted my computer. I even did a system restore, but it still gives me the same error message.

Other info: Shortly before not being able to use the program, my computer blue-screened, but the error code was related to my graphics card. It turns out the problem was that some games were autostarting and running in the background without my knowledge; I fixed that. I'm not sure how that would relate to this error, but thought I'd put it here just in case.

I'd appreciate any help I could get in this, I really like this program but my attempts to fix the issue have failed.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed - by idioticWixen - Feb-29-2020, 02:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start my program in RPI4B from SSH and Failed ATARI_LIVE 3 3,546 Nov-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: ATARI_LIVE
  STT: recognition connection failed: [Errno 32] Broken pipe GrahamBerends 0 5,103 Jul-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Last Post: GrahamBerends