Python Forum
Open source project that a beginner could contribute to?
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Open source project that a beginner could contribute to?
Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it. You have marked off almost my complete list of bugs already. I wanted there to be no bugs in getting the inputs and the values for everything before i start working on the part of the program that will calculate what to give each person and adjust the predictions. There is one last bug that i noticed to work out. When you are inputing whether to do another item or to go back to the main menu in our food_items(items) function, if you enter an unrecognized character it prompts you to start entering another item. I'm not quite sure why it does this, I understand that it is going to the top of the defined loop, which gives you that prompt, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it. I'm sure it would be easy enough for someone more experienced than myself to figure out how to fix the logic in that loop, but i have tried a few different ways with what I know and I just cant seem to get it right. So if anyone can help me on that, that is what I need to start working on the functional part of the program. I talked to Scott, unfortunately he has to turn those ever so valuable sheets of paper in to the food bank that distributes the corporate excess that goes into this distribution. I will do my best to figure out which company it is and get those sheets, but it could take a while.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open source project that a beginner could contribute to? - by teenspirit - Apr-12-2017, 01:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first project as a beginner lil_e 4 1,156 Feb-27-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: lil_e
  How do I open the Source code of a library? JaneTan 1 2,320 Aug-18-2021, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Open for Python project(s) Python_User 8 3,358 Sep-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Python_User
  Need help with this project / Beginner kurwa97 2 1,876 Nov-13-2019, 11:11 PM
Last Post: kurwa97
  Visual Studio Python 2.2 Source Project bobosamma 5 3,199 Oct-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  how to contribute our code/improvements to python pandas df..?? saikumarcheethirala 2 2,034 Jul-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis