Python Forum
pip install pygame choking on SDL dependency
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pip install pygame choking on SDL dependency
(Jan-23-2019, 12:20 AM)metulburr Wrote: This logic doesnt make any sense. First of all why would you search software on Craigslist? Secondly, if you replace pygame with the most known programming language your first result is rental apartments that include A/C++ (air conditioning). This has no merit in whether to weigh software's value.
Yes of course there are some unrelated posts, but my point is that there is not a single result on los angeles craigslist for pygame. Not one.. Compare that to a search for PHP, Javascript, or react. It's not definitive or anything, just might be tricky to find pygame work if searching on craigslist -- at least in Los Angeles.

(Jan-23-2019, 12:20 AM)metulburr Wrote: Problems with pygame is not the only reason i will never buy an Apple product...
The laptop is my wife's old one, refurbed with an SSD drive. I would not buy a macbook either. I did not mean to suggest pygame must work on OSX and I have no special affinity for OSX. On the contrary. I've only recently started working with it to broaden my skillset. I was just thinking that the prospect of chasing down a solution to display issues sounds like thankless and frustrating work. I'd much rather be coding.

As for my book, all its code examples assume livewires is in use. Perhaps online pygame tutorials would be better. Let's just say that it's challenge enough to slog thru the book. It's more of a slog if I must learn not just the code in the book (which won't work) but also learn to translate that code into unadulterated pygame. I think I'd be better off dumping the book. I personally don't give a hoot about livewires and have no affinity for python 2.

Quote:Python 2.x Syntax: 'bbb' for byte in strings...
Dang So many differences! I really appreciate that list.

I certainly agree that livewires and python 2 don't look especially interesting/productive as avenues of study. I think I'd be wise to focus on learning skills specific to the job market rather than chasing the "fun" Rolleyes work of developing games. I'm especially interested in the supposedly lucrative fields of AI, Machine learning, security, and data science. I've finished 10 of 12 chapters in this book and haven't seen any DB interaction, network requests, or website hosting information. Sort of wondering where energy is best invested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: pip install pygame choking on SDL dependency - by sneakyimp - Jan-23-2019, 02:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't get pygame to install djwilson0495 13 10,456 Dec-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: djwilson0495
  Trying to install pygame Mac OS x high sierra giladal 2 2,799 Oct-18-2020, 09:27 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Error to install pygame skp 1 3,561 Apr-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Last Post: joe_momma
  PIP cannot install Pygame Amaly84 6 10,076 Sep-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Amaly84
  pip can't install pygame SheeppOSU 1 9,500 Dec-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  How to install Pygame chappie 2 3,470 Dec-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Last Post: chappie
  How to begin coding for game making [Install pygame on mac] mattkrebs 2 5,009 Apr-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: machrider
  [split] permission error on pygame install pyteach 7 8,309 Jan-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: pyteach