Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a "custom" script editor
This is what I meant by clunky Undecided
PyCharm: Trying to import a module that was installed through pip
import mutagen.mp3
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm 2019.1.3\helpers\pydev\_pydev_bundle\pydev_import_hook.py", line 21, in do_import
    module = self._system_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mutagen'
Same thing (++) with VS code. I don't doubt you're right in that they can provide what I want, it just feels unnecessarily complicated to set up. Lots of steps, need to follow tutorials just to set them up, google stuff that comes up. I'm sure I could use 30 minutes to get one of these IDEs up and running, then some hours on customizing the UI's, and I know that I'm probably coming off as lazy, I just find it weird that there isn't more minimalistic out-of-the box editors that just works.

Edit: I suppose there are alternatives, the challenge is just to find them. This is basically exactly what I want: http://paulwinex.com/portfolio/multi-script-editor/.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a "custom" script editor - by Yoriz - Jul-21-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Looking for a "custom" script editor - by NewBeginnings - Jul-21-2019, 01:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music Notation editor; how to build the editor? direction to go? philipbergwerf 1 1,738 Jan-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  python script file not opening in IDLE editor srm 2 4,429 Jun-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  script editor abrew132 4 4,430 Apr-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Josh