Python Forum
first learned python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first learned python
I cant believe its been 5 years since i first learned python. It feels like just awhile ago. I remember posting on facebook, mad that it didnt save the indentation. And facebook still doesnt have the option lol

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
Time is a weird thing. It seems like it's crawling along nice and slowly, and then all of the sudden, someone reminds you that Happy Gilmore is 20 years old.

...oh hey, Kurt Russel, that guy from that 20 year old move Escape from LA, is going to be the voice of Eos the Living Planet in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 next year. I'm pretty happy that he's still doing stuff, instead of just fading into obscurity like Paul Hogan (better known [by me, at least] as Crocodile Dundee).
I can't believe it's been 51 years since I wrote my first line of code!
(Dec-30-2016, 05:05 PM)nilamo Wrote: Kurt Russel, that guy from that 20 35 year old move Escape from LA New York
FTFY.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Dec-30-2016, 06:30 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I can't believe it's been 51 years since I wrote my first line of code!

on what kind of platform?  you have me beat by about 6 years.  my first line of code was in FOCAL on a PDP-8.  i was doing assembler/360 by 1972 and teaching it in a college class in 1973.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
The very first was a Burroughs T2 - Military
Really started in earnest in 1968 on Honeywell (various systems (engineering R & D) but mainly The 1000).

The pdp-8 was where I played my first computer game named adventure
Did you work for DEC in Maynard MA?
(Jan-01-2017, 09:42 AM)Skaperen Wrote:
(Dec-30-2016, 06:30 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I can't believe it's been 51 years since I wrote my first line of code!

on what kind of platform?  you have me beat by about 6 years.  my first line of code was in FOCAL on a PDP-8.  i was doing assembler/360 by 1972 and teaching it in a college class in 1973.

It's good to feel young, first line of code circa 1975:)
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Jan-01-2017, 11:54 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: It's good to feel young, first line of code circa 1975:)

Hah! 1980.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
i never worked for DEC.  wish i had.  i almost worked for IBM.  that's when i had an idea for a language with many similarities to python and pike. wish that had happened.  i ended up working for Ohio State University then UIUC.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what have you learned recently? Skaperen 14 5,728 Sep-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Just learned that Unity is gone wavic 10 8,293 Apr-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post: wavic