Python Forum
Just learned that Unity is gone
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just learned that Unity is gone
I am sad. Maybe this was the last chance for an open mobile OS. Now what? What is the lesser evil to chose it. iOS or Android...
If there is any further development it is in the community hands. Without the phone manufacturers, it sounds like causa perdida.

https://insights.ubuntu.com/2017/04/05/g...nvergence/
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
I know Android has an active modding community and several alternative OS you can put on your phone to tweak the software, for example xda forums.
(Apr-10-2017, 11:57 AM)Kebap Wrote: I know Android has an active modding community and several alternative OS you can put on your phone to tweak the software, for example xda forums.

True, i ran a mod ROM on my Nexus5 and had my Iphone4 (old i know) Jailbroken with XDA forums
I actually was never fond of Unity. I would always download ubuntu and a different desktop to use with it because i hated it so much. I am quite glad that they are killing it off. As for mobile, iphone and android are the dominant ones. They were never going to successfully grab enough of those users to make it worthwhile. Even Windows is having trouble.
Recommended Tutorials:
Don't freak me out, man. I thought you meant Unity was gone. I was going to have fun with that when I retire.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Apr-10-2017, 01:35 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Don't freak me out, man. I thought you meant Unity was gone. I was going to have fun with that when I retire.

Ditto, it scared the heck out of me too!
Except the retirement part, I hope I could give it a spin earlier  Big Grin
Wow, you guys are fast. In the link bellow, the domain is ununtu.com  Wink
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Apr-11-2017, 10:04 AM)wavic Wrote: ununtu.com

Ununtu? Never heard of it. Is it a linux distro for female religious communities?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
It's the thing you put on your head to carry penguins around
(Apr-11-2017, 05:35 AM)j.crater Wrote:
(Apr-10-2017, 01:35 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Don't freak me out, man. I thought you meant Unity was gone. I was going to have fun with that when I retire.

Ditto, it scared the heck out of me too!
Except the retirement part, I hope I could give it a spin earlier  Big Grin

You meant unity is gone, as in now we will have chaos & anarchy everywhere? Dance

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what have you learned recently? Skaperen 14 5,715 Sep-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  first learned python metulburr 12 10,510 Jan-03-2017, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Larz60+