Python Forum
What reason have you quit a job?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What reason have you quit a job?
I'm about to quit my job and second guessing whether my reason is "good enough" to leave this job which is good in some ways, not so good in other ways. What reason have you had to quit a job? Curious to hear from others.

https://sarkarijobs.gen.in/
j.crater write Feb-02-2021, 04:15 PM:
Moved to Bar
what does this have to do with python?
Good reasons to quit:

- you're not happy
- you've got an offer at another place
- you want to move
- you want to

A job won't give you a two week notice if they're letting you go, you don't have to feel bad about leaving them.
(Feb-02-2021, 09:21 AM)manas41 Wrote: I'm about to quit my job and second guessing whether my reason is "good enough" to leave this job which is good in some ways, not so good in other ways. What reason have you had to quit a job? Curious to hear from others.

(Sorry, I wanted to reply to Larz60+... )

Nothing :P, but isn't that the idea of the "Forum and Of Topic" section?

Btw, to answer the question, my reasons always had something to do with the supervisor...
Rolleyes
i quit my paying job as a cameraman at the local cable TV production studio so i could be the video recording volunteer supervisor for my high school football team. the latter job could be considered "better" since it was more fun (and i got to travel). this was back in the early 1970s when everything was in black and white.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I have left my previous job because I don't see any opportunity
that can motivate me the most with work. I like to see growth,
improvement, while I am on a certain job. Without any growth
opportunity, I cannot stay at a particular job.
One job I left because I didn't enjoy it, couldn't afford to live there, and other factors.

I haven't quit my current job yet, but I'm getting close. It's grown increasingly stressful and irritating, and I'm over it. If I didn't detest job seeking and had another lined up I'd have left already.
(May-06-2022, 01:10 PM)Humusk1 Wrote: If I didn't detest job seeking and had another lined up I'd have left already
why do you detest job seeking? is it because you are acting like a sales person when doing it?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I didn't quit my last (low-tech) job, I was fired, and this was a lucky chance.
In my new (high-tech) job, I learned myself to program industrial robots and I visited many countries for commissioning.
My job before was boring, we did every day the same, no variation.
Actually, I am not traveling, but working on a research project with VR + Gloves.

Sometimes a job change is required. Otherwise, you risk burning out yourself.
Changing jobs can open up new opportunities.
Skaperen and Larz60+ like this post
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python is missing, for a reason Ofnuts 5 4,842 Jun-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Ofnuts