Python Forum
Using MySQL database images or data dumps
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MySQL database images or data dumps
Greetings

I am trying to build a web app using Dash. I am trying to analyse F1 data (lap times) using the ergast API . I was previously using the requests module in python to retrieve data in JSON format e.g. https://ergast.com/api/f1/2011/5/drivers...aps/1.json will be the URL for lap 1 for Alonso. This has become time consuming in python, even though I have used multithreading to implement the GET requests.

Instead, I am looking to use the MySQL database images and have an independent server which I can query, instead of performing thousands of GET requests for a single race. Is there any comprehensive way to do this in Python? I am highly confused about this as I am not familiar with MySQL as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
How are you building the URL?
this is probably where the difficulty lies, although since you are using an API, there's a possibility that it's just a slow API.

Need further details on:
  • Details on how you build a URL
  • What type of analysis are you doing on the lap times
  • Is MySQL a required intermediate step, or could other methods be used?
  • Whatever other details you can provide to make us understand the problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how do change data in a database CompleteNewb 5 2,173 Mar-20-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Mysql and data manipulation disloyalzeus 5 48,856 Dec-20-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: buran
  Problem with saving data and loading data to mysql kirito85 4 3,870 Feb-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: kirito85
  Pushing mysql db data from one schema to another schema? PrateekG 2 3,071 May-31-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: PrateekG