Python Forum
find out ore python is good for me ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
find out ore python is good for me ?
hello,

i am busy whit a big project. that i programmed in C. it is working for 70 % now.
first i used a 8-bit AVR but i stopped whit that one,.. to old
then i used a 32-bit STM32411RE but i also used de cube IDE, i don't like the IDE.

someone gave met the advice to use a: raspberry pi pico. now i discovered that a lot of people used the python IDE for programming de raspberry pi pico. now i'm here for a question Rolleyes
remember normal i'm progging in C (by the way.....i'm a bad C progger Big Grin )
i now that it is also possible to prog raspberry pi pico in C. but maybe phyton is more suitable for me.

so i like to here from you, or it is possible to do this in python ?

on some point in my project a get a 2-dimensional matrix from 300x300 bits.
in this matrix there is a figure, for example a square donut.
now i want to draw that square donut on a paper, whit using steppers (simplified the real situation).

so first i have to find out in the matrix where is a "1" en where is a "0"
than i have to find out the corner points, thats wat i need to steer the steppers.

what do i need more for my project:
2 x UART (for nextion HMI and a other (home made) device)
1 x I2C (for expanded I/O)
8x stepper driver (puls dir enable), with acc & decc
max 2 or 3 steppers runs at the same time.

do you think this is possible with python ?
thanks in advance.
The short answer is "probably yes".

You will need to sort out whether the hardware requirements are met, esp as you have your homemade device in there.
You will be using Micropython on the Raspberry Pi Pico. Once you have your matrix the coding for finding edges, etc. should be fairly easy.
There are Micropython drivers for the stepper motors available. Do a Google search for "micropython stepper motor library" and you will get hits to Github libraries and discussion groups for stepper motors in micropython.

Good luck!
tnx.

i was thinking (trying to Dodgy )
the matrix is comming in on the UART from the raspberry pi pico, and go there in the memory.
i think it is posible to tansfer te data of the matrix to the raspberry pi 4,
and maybe i can run a program on the raspberry pi 4 to show the matrix on a screen.

do you think that is posible ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a good practice naming user defined python functions with prefix udf_? meerkat 2 468 Mar-09-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: buran
  Is Python Good for GUI Desktop Application? praveencqr 0 813 Dec-23-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: praveencqr
  Is being a Python Developer a good career choice? ankitdixit 1 2,177 May-31-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: ankitdixit
  Learning Python - good free online resources & courses StickyBrickit 1 2,459 Jun-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Recommendation for good Python project and code to study kmiklas 1 2,420 Jan-16-2020, 10:53 PM
  WHich is a good site/tutorial to learn Python for beginners? deepakdeshp 7 4,991 Oct-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Last Post: wavic
  Learning Python. Which is a good text editor for MacOS? birb 4 3,343 Feb-18-2019, 08:26 AM
  Why isn’t there any good hacking books written in Python 3 Takeshio 8 11,242 Aug-26-2018, 09:19 PM
  Need Suggestion for a Good Python IDE Aprogrammer 6 3,895 Aug-14-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Aprogrammer